Friday, August 3, 2007

Misty eyed

The right eye was winking rapidly eagerly drinking in the beautiful vistas of the hillside. “Wow! This is great! What a welcome relief from the daily bore?” it said to its neighbor. The left eye, who was barely able to keep itself open, yawned.“Hmph, It’s like any other hillside, I would be rather sleeping peacefully back home.”

“But the mountains veiled by mist look heavenly. It looks more like a painting in water color crafted by a divine hand, hey lefty have a look man!” Said the right eye. The mention of painting seemed to have aroused the left eye (lefty had an eye for paintings) it goggled around excitedly but then settled down in disappointment. “Are you wearing the contacts? Because I see a pretty normal sight, a few clouds shrouding the distant hill yes, but no mist covering the hill in front of us.”

“Of course I have the contacts on, I ain’t of much use without them, and you know that very well. But this is strange, isn’t it, we don’t disagree normally.” Said the right eye. “There could only be two possible explanations, either I am wrong or you are wrong, simple.” Offered the left eye. “Truth has many faces my friend and all the faces are well…true, it’s just a matter of perspective, you see. And anyways I can’t be wrong lefty, I am the ‘right ’ eye, remember.” added the right eye in an attempt to joke. But the left eye was in no mood “Of course you are always right, righty, you are becoming some kind of a philosopher too, I should say. I would have lent an ear to your philosophies, but as I am the left eye, I would appreciate if I would be left alone, do you get that?” saying this the left eye settled for the droopy gaze, which was its favorite.

The mote that was the cause of all this trouble (It was the mote, which had made the right eye all watery, and caused it to believe that the mountains were veiled in mist.) had enjoyed the conversation so far. But after the eyes had stopped talking, it was getting bored and so it silently left the right eye alongwith a teardrop. And as far as the eyes are concerned, both of them were so miffed after that day that to this very date, they don’t see each other in the eye.

P.S. This post was an attempt to play with words and phrases, so it’s fine if you are not able to make head or tale out of it. (Ya, I know it’s tail not tale.) I know my posts are getting weirder by the day, but you would’ve to bear with them for some more time coz’ I still have a lot of weird story ideas bubbling inside me waiting to come out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wierd the word itself is so fascinating to me; even i like being wierd a bit. well the eyes no matter contacts or no contacts can get illusioned just sometimes like if u desparately wanna have something u get illusioned of its sighting but our left brain acts more logically rather than right which works on senses, if senses sense something then left brain analyses so i think its quiet possible that both eyes too may wish to see differently. well nice post chiru, tell all thats wierd to u, waiting for all.