Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dreams unlimited!

‘Yeh khwaab dekhti hu main, ke jag pare ho khwaab se’

This was my status message in Gtalk and many of my friends asked me what it meant. It is actually my favorite line from the song ‘ajeeb dastan hai yeh’ (‘It’s a strange tale’). It means this-

‘I dream that the world is beyond my dreams’

This is to explain what amuses me most about this line :-

‘I dream [1] that the world is beyond my dreams [0]’
Now dream [1] is also a dream like dream[0], so again..

‘I dream [2] that the world is beyond my dreams [1]’
Now dream [2] is again a dream, so this goes on & on & on....

What we get is an infinite loop, a mirror in front of a mirror, infinite possibilities, and dreams unlimited!!
No wonder I am an engineer, having explained the beautiful line with such brutal logic. Strange it is, but I find the logic too beautiful.

4 comments:

Smartalec said...

anyone interested an in-depth discussion on recursion :P?!

Sur said...

@smartalec
haha!i am evr ready!recursiveness always amuses me as evident from the post!

yettofindaname said...

This ones my favourite post in your blog.. great going sur :)

Sur said...

@ni
thanks da :), and u too start posting soon.