Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A bouquet from Kodaikanal

I had been to Kodaikanal last weekend, and with the new Canon S3 IS in my hands I clicked away to glory. I captured everything and anything that caught my fancy, and should say that having a 1 GB memory card definitely helped me indulge. The hotel we stayed in had some lovely flowers in full blossom, and I captured most of them. :)
Here is a bouquet, straight from Kodai, filmi ishtyle.


I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky..


Ruthe ho kyun, maan jao na..


Smile, an everlasting smile...


Parde main rehne do, Parda na uthao..


Gore rang pe itna gumaan kar, gora rang to pal main dhal jayega...


Tu pyar hai kisi aur ka, tujhe chahta koi aur hai..


Rahe na rahe hum , meheka karenge, banke kali...

P.S. - The flowers in the first picture are dried NeelaKurinji flowers from which the Nilgiris derive its name.They flower only once in 12 years with the last blossom being in year 2006 and the next in 2018!

10 comments:

Debanshu Mukherjee said...

Very well done sur!Welcome to the club!

Sur said...

@debanshu
Thanks buddy! :)

F e r r a r i said...

Super! Play around with manual controls, and the camera responds really well ;) Am having fun with my DSLR too. Went to Ooty recently :)

-Prabhu
http://prabhukrish.net

Sur said...

@prabhu
have strtd fiddling with the various modes.
u have fun with ur DSLR, and thanks once again!

Smartalec said...

beautiful pics with even better captions :D!
i shall upload my trek pics with captions once i'm free...

Sur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sur said...

@SA
thanks :), kinda got obsessed with the flowers there.
waiting to see ur pics.

desh said...

nice pics
i remember goin to kodai as a kid
nice place
and th taglines wr mast :)

Sur said...

@desh
thanks! :)

yettofindaname said...

lovely pics.. and nice choice of songs too