Thursday, March 29, 2007

Remembering exam times!

With the fan running at full speed in my room...I am sitting and thinking. I can feel that its summer...i can smell it, almost touch it.. Its strange that this makes me feel nostalgic (coz i usually associate summer with exam times!).. I try to understand this but i can't (and then I understand that I can't understand everything!! :))....I can't put my finger on something & say I miss this or that.. Some memories my mind tries to churn...pretty ordinary things surface.. waking up ppl during exam times, reading novels when u shld actually study, those short breaks which never remained short, wasting away the gaps between exams and regretting later , grumbling about going for mess-offs, going hunting for food in the middle of night, the maggi which tasted like an exotic food......

But then realize that its these small things tucked in my memory that make my hostel life... memories which make me smile & laugh even now...memories which make me feel like i've met an old friend...memories which make me feel connected.

Nostalgia, what a beautiful word and feeling...makes you happy & sad at the same time. Strikes some chords, and the music seems to linger…when it stops you realize that you are back in your room and the fan is still running.

2 comments:

Smartalec said...

nostalgia, unleashed!!
really nice post!

Sur said...

@smartalec
thanks :)
nostalgia has been the mood of the season so far!