Friday, July 6, 2007

Message from beyond

I am waiting for a bus in a sleepy town, I long for sleep after a hard day; the semi-sleeper seats of the bus seem tantalizing. But damn, the bus is late! In an effort to keep my eyes open, I look around, the bus stop is in such a sorry state; the floor is uniformly layered with dust, the wall is covered with soot at places, I am sure that the rickety bench I sit on will collapse if one more person attempted to sit on it. Is desh ka kuch nahi hoga, I think!(desh as in country, not to be mistaken with my blogroll friend.)

While I am looking for another object to direct my contempt at, a map on one of the walls catches my eye. It is the map of the district I am in and is barely visible in the filth that covers it. Ha! What use is the map, when you can’t even see it? Such a waste of effort! But then I see something else; written in bold letters below the map is this nugget of wisdom ‘Have patience’. It is an inappropriate thing to write below the map, but it is there all the same.

As soon as I read it, I feel it is written for me, as if the person who wrote this knew that at some point a girl would need this advice. Sometimes when we fail to listen to our own voice, God has to resort to such measures to communicate with us.

9 comments:

desh said...

the bus stand looks one frm MP or smwhr, rickety buses, pathetic road and tht dusty weather make travel thr a terrible job...
God has his own ways, he SMSed u to have patience in his own style :)

Is desh ka kuch nahi hoga, I think!
u hutt me :((

Pingu said...

Sometimes when we fail to listen to our own voice, God has to resort to such measures to communicate with us.

Beautifully said and very true :)

Sur said...

@desh
as a matter of fact it was in CG. he he..will edit the post to rectify my mistake! :D

@pingu
thanks! :)

desh said...

CG it is, thts why i felt familiar :)

Sur said...

@desh
u been thr kya?

desh said...

hehe
1984 to 2004 in korba, u must have heard of it ???

Sur said...

@desh
oho! so u from korba, ya i hv hrd of tht place nvr been thr though.

Smartalec said...

hehe sweet post! but how often we miss the subtle hints too...

Sur said...

@SA
ya true, sometimes things don't register even as we have our eyes and ears open but our minds closed!